Design

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Amazing Sophie

So this is little baby Sophie. My sister needed pictures of her blankets for her new business she's starting up, and we needed a baby. We tried calling all some people but they fell through, but we finally got a hold of Sophie's mom. So she was the model!


Not going to lie though, I wasn't quite sure how this photo shoot would go. Sophie has Down's Syndrome. I had some thoughts like, "Will she behave? Will she throw tantrums?" I just wasn't sure what to expect.

I got to the home of Sophie, and her mom brings her in. She has the biggest grin on her face, this four month old baby, and instantly she took my breath away. She was one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen!

We start the photo shoot, and she is just gorgeous! No tantrums, no fits, just smiles and playfulness.

So we decide we want her asleep, so her mom just picks her up and walks with her around for five minutes, and within that time she is fast asleep. I couldn't believe it! Seriously, one of the best babies ever! It was probably the smoothest photo shoot I have ever done!

Now, I am just at home pondering and thinking about this experience.

I am now thinking to myself, "Who am I to judge this sweet innocent baby before I even knew her?" I felt horrible for a while.

But now, just thinking about her makes me so happy! What a beautiful little girl!

She really has impacted my life, even within the little time we had together. What a beautiful spirit she has, so innocent and pure. Too innocent for the world to take grasp of her. She is a beautiful daughter of Heavenly Father, and he loves her so much! So much, He gave her the mind and body she has because He knows she can help others, like me, to see the beauty and innocence in the world.

And all this is going on in my head as I sit here, crying like a little baby just thinking about this amazing, beautiful little girl. What a blessing it is for me to even know her.

No comments:

Post a Comment